- What is the easiest way to steam broccoli?
- How long do you steam vegetables in the microwave?
- How much water do you use to steam vegetables?
- How do you steam vegetables on the stove?
- How do you steam vegetables without a steamer?
- What can I use instead of a steamer?
- How long do you Steam carrots?
- How long does it take to steam veggies on the stove?
- How do you steam broccoli on the stove?
- How do you steam green beans on the stove?
What is the easiest way to steam broccoli?
Bring about 1/4 inch of water to a boil in a large frying pan.
Add about 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt and at least a handful and up to 2 pounds of trimmed and cleaned broccoli florets.
Cover and steam until as tender as you like (about 3 minutes for crisp-tender and up to 8 minutes for completely cooked, soft florets)..
How long do you steam vegetables in the microwave?
To micro-steam, lay vegetables in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate. Cover them with a triple layer of damp paper towels. Microwave on high heat until the vegetables are tender, two and a half to six minutes, depending on the power of your microwave.
How much water do you use to steam vegetables?
Add about 1 inch water to the bottom of the saucepan or pot, then place in the steamer basket. The surface of the water should be just under the basket (so pour out water if you need to). Then bring it to a boil!
How do you steam vegetables on the stove?
Fill a large pot with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Arrange the carrots, asparagus, cauliflower and broccoli in a metal steamer basket; place in the pot and cover. Steam the vegetables until slightly tender but still with a little crunch, 5 to 6 minutes.
How do you steam vegetables without a steamer?
The technique is simple: fill a medium pot with 1/2 inch of water, place three golf ball–sized balls of aluminum foil on the bottom, rest a heat-proof plate on top of the foil balls, cover the pot, and bring the water to a boil. Add vegetables to the plate, cover, and steam until crisp-tender.
What can I use instead of a steamer?
2Use a Strainer or Colander This steamer hack is as simple as it gets. All you need to do is place your food in a large kitchen strainer, and place it on top of your pot of water. You can also do this with a colander instead of a strainer.
How long do you Steam carrots?
Set a collapsible steamer basket insert into the pot, then bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Put the carrots in the steamer basket and cook, covered, until tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 minutes.
How long does it take to steam veggies on the stove?
4. Place steamer in panSpinach: 3 minutes.Asparagus, green beans: 3 to 5 minutes.Collard greens, kale, Swiss chard, and other hearty, leafy greens: 5 to 7 minutes.Cauliflower, broccoli: 8 to 10 minutes.Beets, carrots, potatoes, turnips, and other root vegetables: 10 to 15 minutes.
How do you steam broccoli on the stove?
In a high-sided skillet over medium heat, bring about ¼” deep water to a boil. Add broccoli and cover with lid. Let steam until just tender, 5 minutes.
How do you steam green beans on the stove?
Set a steamer basket insert into a large saucepan and fill with water to a level just below the steamer. Bring to a boil. Add green beans, and steam to your desired degree of tenderness, or about 5 minutes. Once the beans have cooked, transfer them to a serving bowl.